The Art of the Audition class brings together the unique perspectives of Donna Morong, who has a distinguished career as a Casting Director and Acting Teacher, award-winning feature director Brett Simon, and a roster of guest directors that include Brad Barnes, Matt Collins, and Joy Gohring.
In The Art of the Audition, you will:
- Work on camera every week
- Learn a methodical approach to the audition that employs your acting craft
- Watch playback from your auditions every week, get notes & feedback, & remove the obstacles to your audition experience
- Get new material every week from a huge variety of current Film & TV Scripts
- Learn how to be present, alive and authentic in a pressured situation
- Learn how to bring your art into the audition space
Please note that this class is for the serious professional actor with prior training and experience. This is not a casting workshop.
(20% discount is applied after taking one prior core class at the studio in the past calendar year)
(limited to 16-18 students)
Our courses/intensives are a learning experience. It is not an audition or employment opportunity. When the course/intensive is over, the instructor teaching this course/intensive will not be taking home, nor be given access to your headshot, resume, or any of your other promotional materials.
As we are an educational institution, the use of the studio and faculty’s names and likenesses for any professional or personal purposes without our permission is strictly prohibited.
**AN INTERVIEW IS REQUIRED FOR THIS CLASS. NO AUDITIONS. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an interview.
The Art of the Audition
Donna Morong, Brett Simon, & Guest Directors
THURSDAYS 12:00pm – 3:00pm 8 Weeks
Jan 11, Jan 18, Jan 25, Feb. 7, Feb. 14, Feb. 21, Feb. 28, March 7
March 14, March 21, March 28, April 4, April 11, April 18, April 25, May 2
Session #3 May 9, May 16, May 23, May 30, June 6, June 13, June 20, June 27